Elwood Pipecreek Genealogy Society

Preserving the Past for Our Future ......

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > FRANCIS MARION COCHRAN

brenda

I THOUGHT I WOULD UPDATE AS TO MY SEARCH FOR MY COCHRAN FAMILY.  I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT SADIE COCHRAN WAS ACTUALLY FRANKS HALF SISTER.  SHE LIVED WITH THEM FOR A SHORT WHILE THEN MOVED TO INDIANAPOLIS.  I SUSPECT IT WAS HER ILLNESS THAT MADE HER LEAVE.  ACCORDING TO HER DEATH CERTIFICATE SHE WAS A NURSE.  SHE DIED IN 1904 OF LUPUS VULGARIS WHICH IS ACTUALLY A FORM OF TUBERCULOSIS OF THE SKIN WHICH SHE HAD FOR 9 YEARS.  HER REAL NAME IS SARAH L COCHRAN.  HER AND FRANCIS HAD THE SAME FATHER, GEORGE D. COCHRAN.  HER MOTHER WAS SUSANNAH PERSONETTE, WHICH WAS GEORGES FIRST WIFE.  FRANKS MOTHER WAS SARAH JANE SMITH, HIS SECOND WIFE.  I HAVE A LOT OF EMPTY SPOTS TO FILL AS FAR AS WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE AND SARAH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE MAYBE THEY BOTH DIED BECAUSE I FOUND SADIE LIVING WITH THE PERSONETTE GRANDPARENTS AND FRANCIS LIVING WITH EBENEZER SMITH.  I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO VERIFY WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP HE IS WITH EBENEZER BUT I'M SURE IT IS FAMILY.  I AM NOW WAITING ON COPIES OF BOTH OF GEORGES MARRIAGE LICENSES.  IT APPEARS AS THOUGHT THEY WERE LIVING IN GREENFIELD BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE SUSANAH, SARAH, SADIE AND GEORGE ARE ALL BURIED.  GEORGES FATHER WAS NAMED JACOB T. COCHRAN AND HIS MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME WAS DILLINGER SO THAT KIND OF EXCITING.  I'M HOT ON THE TRAIL NOW SO I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED  THANKS, BRENDA COCHRAN BRASWELL

October 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Family Researcher

lot of caps there :D

November 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.