Elwood Pipecreek Genealogy Society

Preserving the Past for Our Future ......

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Parry family

Dawn

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with 2 of my family members. I have searched and cannot seem to figure out where they are buried. I know full names birthdates and death dates but thats all I can find ? They originated from Elwood but moved to Long Beach California when there children were taken away and adopted out by the state. The first person is my biological grandmother : Freda Ellen (Lawson) Parry born April 29th, 1929 and died Oct. 24th, 1977 in Long Beach California and her husband Carl William Parry born Feb. 21st, 1928 and died June 3rd, 2008 in Long Beach California. They are listed as living at 1809 South L St. in 1957 so Im assuming they moved after that year to California? Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

September 25, 2014 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

genealogysocietyelwoodindiana
Site Owner

I found this on the internet.

You might try sending them a letter and asking them about your names  I could not find a listing of burials for either of these cemeteries.

California is one of the states that are closing public records. Not sure if the cemeteries would respond to a request or not. It might be worth a try.

The Long Beach Municipal Cemetery is located at the corner of Willow Street and Orange Avenue. This 4.3-acre site is the resting place of some of the "who's who" of Long Beach, including the founder of the City William Erwin Willmore, laid to rest in 1901. The facility is maintained by the City Engineer and operated by the Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine. For more information, call 570-6634, (562) 556-6700 or email the cemetery docent at [email protected].

also this one

Sunnyside Cemetery

1095 E Willow St

Long Beach, CA 90806

Phone number (562) 595-9392 

This cemetery did not have an email address.

Administrator of the Elwood Pipe Creek Genealogy Society

September 26, 2014 at 6:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Site Owner

Dawn

I found this on the internet.

Long Beach Obituary Requests: $20.00 Search Fee per Name

We search for obituaries for individuals who died in Long Beach. Many deaths were never listed in the newspapers. The non-refundable search fee is $20.00 per name when the exact date of death and exact name is known. Make checks payable to LBPL. We cannot accept credit or debit cards. Complete the Obituary Request Form (PDF) and mail it with check payment and a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to:

Long Beach Public Library

Attn: Obituary Search

101 Pacific Ave.

Long Beach, CA 90822

If you have questions, please email [email protected] or call (562) 570-7500.

September 27, 2014 at 4:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dawn

Ok thank you for the help I will try these places and see what I can find out.

September 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Site Owner

Dawn

If you need any more help let me know.

Please let me know if these resources worked out.

Administrator of Elwood Pipe Creek Gen. Soc.  

September 27, 2014 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.